Gecko - Signed Open Edition Ourobouros Symbolic Art on Watercolor Paper
GECKO & VÈVÈ WALL ART COLLECTION
***2022 MCAD ART SALE ITEM***
OPEN EDITION, SIGNED
Gouache paintings, anole, ourobouros, graphic art and symbolism painting
“Gecko” channels the pictographs of a black anole chasing the tail of another, in the timeless dance of the ouroboros to create an unforgettable piece of abstract visual art.
This dramatic print on watercolor paper harnesses the secret language of nature in its most archetypal and mathematical form: the spiral.
In Haitian vernacular symbolism, “Gecko” represents the anole. This type of reptile art is part of a vernacular Haitian graphic illustration vocabulary perhaps inspired from the art of the original Arawak Indians of the land of many mountains.
Solo, “Gecko” easily takes center stage on an empty section of wall. Find in the art shop several companion pieces:
- Antigua in Green and/ or
Bring into your abode the energies of creation contained in this timeless, archetypal symbolic painting.
Hands down, "Gecko" is a perfect gift for him or gift for her. Delight those in your life brimming with wanderlust travel, with the gift of this watercolor, ink and gouache, graphic illustration tribal art print.
Part of the “Gecko & Vèvè” collection.
- Excellent quality and color saturation.
- Open Edition.
- Certificate of Authenticity included to document provenance.
- Individually hand-signed and numbered by the artist.
- Acid-free, archival watercolor paper.
- Ships flat or rolled at the discretion of artist. Savings passed on to customer.
- Frame not included (see original painting for framed options).
- Printed in the US.
- Each giclée, open edition print is made-to-order: A piece is printed only when an order is placed.
- Products may have slight coloration variation as they are printed on demand.
- United Wanderlust doesn’t keep an inventory on hand of paper prints or canvas prints, outside of:
- a handful of curated collection of signed, authenticated limited edition art prints on paper.
- a small stack ofsigned, authenticated, open editions prints.
- one-off slow travel-inspired art project.
- unique, up-cycled home decor projects.
- and original art.
- Delivers typically up to 2-3 weeks from time of purchase during business shop business hours, Monday - Friday, 10am -3pm.
- Remember to account for holidays, vacations, during acts of god and national supply chain disruptions that can significantly delay shipping.
Featured Artist: Patricia Jacques
|Width (inches)||Height (inches)|
- ****This piece will be heading to the November 17-19 Annual 2022 MCAD Artsale soon!****
We wrote about this exciting art fair in this article "The 3-day, Salon Style MCAD Art Sale Returns in person!"
"Taino Symbols" by Taïno Museum. Learn about a variety of fascinating Taïno symbolic art and the museum's collection of artifacts from northern Haiti.
"Erzulie" by Naked History. True or False? Here's a titillating tidbit about a card-carrying, ancient foursome polyamorous relationship in the realms of the gods.
"New Works: Tribal Manifesto" by Dreaming Into Being, the blog of Illustrator-Artist Patricia Jacques. The blog post offers a little bit more background about Veve.