Vèvè - Timeless Haïtian and Taïno Symbolic Art Watercolor Canvas Print
GECKO & VÈVÈ WALL ART COLLECTION
Watercolor painting, Erzulie, fertility symbols, vernacular and symbolism painting
When the sun marries the goddess of the sea, it’s a story worth recounting. In “Vèvè,” the fat, black marks represents the strength and longevity of the sun of the Taïno culture.
In this imaginary creation story, the sun binds himself eternally to the African mermaid goddess of the sea, Èrzulie in passionate communion.
In Haitian vernacular symbolism Èrzulie, often represents love, beauty and the fertility. So the union of the Arawak Indians sun god symbol and the vodou goddess of the people from the “country of many mountains “ actually fuels the feel-good, upbeat vibes of this bright, abstract mixed-media watercolor painting fine art giclee print.
Let this warm, ethereal canvas print, rich with timeless archetypal meaning, reminiscent of ancient petroglyphs, be the focus of a positive spiritual practice.
Or, embrace this daily reminder that creativity lives everywhere and within you. "Vèvè," is also an excellent gift for him or gift for her.
Delight those in your life brimming with wanderlust travel with this energizing watercolor, ink and gouache print.
Part of the “Gecko & Vèvè” collection.
- Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base.
- Vivid, fade-resistant print that you’ll cherish for a long time.
- 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas.
- Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²).
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars.
- Matte finish coating.
- 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep.
- Ready to hang with mounting brackets included.
- Blank canvas sourced from Latvia in the EU or the US.
- Each giclée canvas print is unique because it is made-to-order: A piece is printed only when an order is placed.
- Products may have slight coloration variation as they are printed on demand.
- United Wanderlust doesn’t keep an inventory.
- Each print is manually edited and optimally tailored to fit each canvas size. Ergo, artwork placement, design and overall composition on the canvas may vary from size to size.
- 3-4 weeks for delivery from time of purchase.
- No additional frames required but a suggested option is the floater-style canvas.
- This wall art archival print is inspired from the visual art and original watercolor painting of Freelance Illustrator and Artist Patricia Jacques.
|Width (inches)||Height (inches)||Depth (inches)|
"Taino Symbols" by Taïno Museum. Learn about a variety of fascinating Taïno symbolic art and the museum's collection of artifacts from northern Haiti.
"Erzulie" by Naked History. True or False? Here's a titillating tidbit about a card-carrying, ancient foursome polyamorous relationship in the realms of the gods.
"New Works: Tribal Manifesto" by Dreaming Into Being, the blog of Illustrator-Artist Patricia Jacques. The blog post offers a little bit more background about Veve.