Vèvè - Timeless Haïtian and Taïno Symbolic Art Watercolor Art Print
GECKO & VÈVÈ WALL ART COLLECTION
OPEN EDITION PRINT
Watercolor painting, Erzulie, fertility symbols, vernacular and symbolism painting
When the sun marries the goddess of the sea, it’s a story worth recounting. In “Vèvè,” the fat, black marks represents the strength and longevity of the sun of the Taïno culture.
In this imaginary creation story, the sun binds himself eternally to the African mermaid goddess of the sea, Èrzulie in passionate communion.
In Haitian vernacular symbolism Èrzulie, often represents love, beauty and the fertility. So the union of the Arawak Indians sun god symbol and the vodou goddess of the people from the “country of many mountains “ actually fuels the feel-good, upbeat vibes of this bright, abstract mixed-media watercolor painting fine art giclee print.
Let this warm, ethereal watercolor art print, rich with timeless archetypal meaning and reminiscent of ancient petroglyphs, cheer up your sanctuary.
Part of the “Gecko & Vèvè” collection.
- Excellent quality and color saturation
- Acid-free, archival, museum-quality enhance matte paper.
- Frame not included.
- Printed in the US.
- Each giclée, open edition print is made-to-order: This product is made especially for you as soon as you place an order, which is why it takes us a bit longer to deliver it to you. Making products on demand instead of in bulk helps reduce overproduction, so thank you for making thoughtful purchasing decisions!
- Products may have slight coloration variation as they are printed on demand.
- Delivers typically up to 2-3 weeks from time of purchase during business shop business hours, Monday - Friday, 10am -3pm.
- Plan for additional delivery time for holidays, vacations, during acts of god and national supply chain disruptions that can significantly delay shipping.
- Paper thickness: 10.3 mil.
- Paper weight: 189 g/m².
- Opacity: 94%.
- ISO brightness: 104%.
- Paper is sourced from Japan.
Featured Artist: Patricia Jacques
|Width (inches)||Height (inches)|