Gecko - Timeless Haitian Anole Ourobouros Symbolic Art Watercolor Canvas Print
GECKO & VÈVÈ WALL ART COLLECTION
Gouache paintings, anole, ourobouros, graphic art and symbolism painting
“Gecko” channels the pictographs of a black anole chasing the tail of another, in the timeless dance of the ouroboros to create an unforgettable piece of abstract visual art.
This dramatic canvas print harnesses the secret language of nature in its most archetypal and mathematical form: the spiral.
In Haitian vernacular symbolism, “Gecko” represents the anole. This type of reptile art is part of a vernacular Haitian graphic illustration vocabulary perhaps inspired from the art of the original Arawak Indians of the land of many mountains.
Solo, “Gecko” easily takes center stage on an empty section of wall. Find in the art shop several companion pieces:
- Antigua in Green and/ or
Harness into your abode the energies of creation contained in this timeless, archetypal symbolic painting.
Hands down, "Gecko" is a perfect gift for him or gift for her. Delight those in your life brimming with wanderlust travel, with the gift of this watercolor, ink and gouache, graphic illustration tribal art print.
Part of the “Gecko & Vèvè” collection.
- Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base.
- Vivid, fade-resistant print that you’ll cherish for a long time.
- 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas.
- Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²).
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars.
- Matte finish coating.
- 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep.
- Ready to hang with mounting brackets included.
- Blank canvas sourced from Latvia in the EU or the US.
- Each giclée canvas print is unique because it is made-to-order: A piece is printed only when an order is placed.
- Products may have slight coloration variation as they are printed on demand.
- United Wanderlust doesn’t keep an inventory.
- Each print is manually edited and optimally tailored to fit each canvas size. Ergo, artwork placement, design and overall composition on the canvas may vary from size to size.
- 3-4 weeks for delivery from time of purchase.
- No additional frames required but a suggested option is the floater-style canvas.
- This wall art archival print is inspired from the visual art and original watercolor painting of Freelance Illustrator and Artist Patricia Jacques.
|Width (inches)||Height (inches)||Depth (inches)|
"How the Golden Ratio Manifests in Nature" by Tree Hugger. A fascinating and fun article about the spiral and how it appears in nature and is related to the Fibonacci sequence.
New Works: Taino-Inspired Surface Pattern Design: Reaching For Past Projects To Make New Art by Dreaming Into Being, the blog of Illustrator-Artist Patricia Jacques. A sneak peak, behind-the-scene synopsis of the making of "Gecko."